Monday, April 30, 2007




Note translation:
3.III.41.

My Dear Love!

Now at day’s end I want to send a few lines. At noon you were standing by the train and I thought you had already left. Just as the train started to pull out, the wife of one of the soldiers said that you are still there. I looked right away but you had already started to walk away. That made me so sad because you were standing there and I didn’t look to see if you are still there.

That is the reason I wanted to write to you immediately so you will know that I am always with you in thought and I will always be thinking about you when there may be bad days like maybe today. Always know that there is someone thinking about you.

Dear Ursula I hope you won’t have to suffer because of me, I hope all will be good again. I am hoping to hear from you, so I can stop worrying about you. Greetings and kisses from your loving, sometimes a little stupid
Hans

Give Uri a kiss from Pappa.


Written on side of postcard from the wife of one of the soldiers who had hand delivered note to my grandmother Ursula:
“You do not know me but I am sending greetings, Ester Binder”.

No comments: